Aizawl: In view of the further surge of COVID-19 positive cases despite stringent measures, the Mizoram Government Monday decided to extend the ongoing Total Lockdown till 4:00 AM of 24th May 2021. The current Lockdown was to end at 4:00 AM on 17th May 2021.
The official communication in this regard which was issued Monday by Chief Secretary who is also the Chairman, State Executive Authority, Mizoram State Disaster Management Authority has appended guidelines which shall be strictly implemented with effect from 4:00 AM of 17.05.2021 till 4:00 AM of 24.05.2021.
The official communiqué further stated that the competent authority has decided to continue with the Total Lockdown with an anticipation of flattening the curve of the disease transmission thereby preventing probable overburdening of healthcare facilities.
Regulation to be imposed all over Mizoram
1. Entry to Mizoram
Persons desirous of entering the State shall enter only via entry points which are currently opened. For all persons entering Mizoram, prior registration on mPASS is mandatory. Police and VLTF shall be on strict duty at the Entry points and other Inter-State and International borders under the guidelines laid down by Deputy Commissioner and Superintendent of Police
Persons entering Mizoram from other parts of the country shall mandatorily undergo Rapid Antigen Test (RAgT) at their point of entry to Mizoram. RAgT positive persons shall be attended to as per the protocols in place. This provision shall also apply to residents of Mizoram travelling outside Mizoram and returning to the State.
1. RAgT negative persons shall carefully monitor and isolate themselves for 10 days at home (home quarantine). They shall be tested with RT-PCR/ TrueNat if symptoms appear during the period of quarantine only.
2. Persons to undergo self-monitoring/home quarantine should have separate bedroom and toilet facilities. If such facilities are available, his/her family members are not required to be quarantined. However, if person(s) without separate bedroom or toilet facilities are permitted to undergo home quarantine under extenuating circumstances, his/her family members shall not go outside nor shall they have contact with others for 10 days.
3. Persons not having proper facilities for home quarantine shall observe self-monitoring at hotel/homestay (paid quarantine) or Community Quarantine Facility (CQF)/ Government Quarantine Facility (GQF) at their own expense.
4. Persons undergoing home quarantine shall strictly follow the protocols for home quarantine issued by Health & Family Welfare Department. The compliance of such protocols by the persons under home quarantine shall be monitored and enforced by the concerned LLTFs/VLTFs.
5. Persons entering Mizoram for short stay (for a duration of not longer than 96 hours) having negative test results of RT-PCR/TrueNAT/ CBNAT with SRF-ID from ICMR-recognized laboratories not older than 72 hours prior to their arrival as well as having tested negative by RAgT at the point of entry will not be required to undergo quarantine. Their sponsors/colleagues/employers/employees shall make proper arrangements so as to maintain minimum contact with other persons during their stay, movement and performance of their duty within the State.
6. Persons entering Mizoram by flight shall utilize only vehicles empanelled by Transport Department (vide Order No.G.28016/2/2020-TRP dt.16.04.2021) for the purpose of transporting quarantine bound passengers. Own vehicles may also be used if proper partitioning is made between the driver’s and the passenger’s seats. They shall proceed directly to their destination without halting anywhere. Also, persons travelling to Mizoram by motor vehicles and persons entering Mizoram bound for districts other than Aizawl should proceed directly to their place of quarantine without halting anywhere. However, if under certain circumstances vehicles need to be changed; only private vehicles with proper partitioning or vehicles empanelled by Transport Department shall be used to proceed to their destination.
7. Persons entering Mizoram irrespective of flights or by road will not be exempted from the requirement as per provision of Clause A.5. Mpass registration shall be treated as a valid pass to travel upto their destination and not for any detour. However, prior intimation regarding their arrival should be given by the person(s) to their destination VLTF/LLTF.
8. For all persons entering Mizoram, prior registration on mPASS-flight or mPASS-road in mCOVID-19 mobile application before arrival is necessary to enable proper arrangements for screening and quarantine. Home quarantine and Hotel quarantine can be applied online at mcovid19.mizoram.gov.in
9. The protocols and guidelines issued by Health & Family Welfare Department for quarantining persons entering Mizoram, COVID-19 testing, management of COVID Care Centre/ Dedicated Covid Health Centre/ Dedicated COVID Hospital and care, isolation and treatment of COVID-19 patient (asymptomatic, mild and severe case) shall be scrupulously followed. Cost of accommodation, food and medical test will be governed by notification No.B13O21/187/2020-DMR/Vol-I dated 26.04.2021 issued by Disaster Management & Rehabilitation Department.
COVID-19 testing fees shall be paid as per the rate prescribed by H&FW Department. The following rates shall be applied for various tests, until further notice.
RT-PCR :Rs. 1,200/-
TrueNat: Rs. 1,000/-
RAgT :Rs. 200/-
1. Persons tested positive at entry points by RAgT, and any other persons tested positive for COVID-19 shall be carefully examined to ascertain their health status. Asymptomatic patients without co-morbidities and other complications will be allowed home isolation if proper facilities (separate bedroom and attached toilet) are available.
2. Persons undergoing home isolation shall strictly follow the protocols for home isolation issued by Health & Family Welfare Department. The compliance of such protocols by the persons under home quarantine shall be monitored and enforced by the concerned LLTFs/VLTFs.
3. Health & Family Welfare Department will closely monitor the home isolated persons.
4. In case of medical emergency home isolated COVID-19 patients may contact COVID-19 (Medical) helpline number (Toll free 102, landline 0389- 2323336, 0389-2322336 and 0389-2318336) for medical assistance.