Kakinada (Andhra Pradesh): Three people died of electrocution after they came into contact with a live wire while pulling out a submersible motor fixed to a bore for repair in palm oil fields, on the outskirts of Uppalapadu village in Gandepalli mandal on Saturday, police said.
It is stated that Galla Nagaraju(25) of Seetharampuram village of Jaggampet mandal who is the owner of the palm oil field engaged the bore mechanic Killi Nagu (38) of Jaggampet and his assistant Bodireddy Suribabu (40) for pulling out the old submersible motor fitted to the bore for repair .
In the process, they installed three iron pipes in a cone shape to pull out the motor.
While pulling out the motor, the iron pipe fitted to the motor touched the overhead electric live wire and all the three died on the spot due to electrocution.
A case was registered and the bodies were being shifted to government general hospital for postmortem pending further investigation, police added.