Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-Kisan) was launched in the country by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi on December 2018. It is a 100% Central Sector Scheme funded by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Government of India.
Aims of the scheme:
The scheme aims to supplement the financial needs of the farmers in procuring various inputs to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields, commensurate with the anticipated farm income. The Small and Marginal landholder farmer families with total cultivable holding upto 2 hectares shall be provided a benefit of Rs.6,000 per annum per family payable in three equal installments (Rs. 2000/- per instalment), every four months.
Implementation in the State:
The scheme has been implemented in all the districts of the State since inception of the scheme (2018-19). The scheme is implemented at the district level by the concerned Deputy Commissioner with the Department of Agriculture, Manipur as State Nodal Department.
Who can join the scheme?
All small and marginal farmers irrespective of urban and rural areas of theState/country can get the benefit of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
How to apply online in PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
Registration of PM-Kisan can be done by farmers themselves online or through the Common Service Centre (CSC)
- To apply, firstly, click on the link www.pmkisan.gov.in.
- After that, the home page will open on your screen.
- On the home page, you will find the Farmers Corner, click on it.
- After that on the next page, you will get the option for new farmer registration.
- After clicking on it, your registration form will open.
- Then you have to fill in all the details correctly and click on submit.
- After that, you get a hard copy for the future of the registration form.
Document required for registration:
- Aadhar Card
- Registered Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Bank Passbook
- Land Description
Benefits of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Under this scheme, farmer beneficiary is given Rs. 6000 per annum, which are transferred to your bank account in 3 instalments of Rs. 2000 each.
- Under this scheme, farmers will receive money only when they get their registration done online.
- The benefits of this scheme are available in every district of the State
- Farmers can buy seeds and food items for their cultivation and livelihood from the benefits provided by this scheme.
Benefits in the State:
- Mode of Payment : Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT)
- Total No. of farmers registered of the State : 6,19,208
- No. of farmers received payment till date : 5,08,410
- Saturation of Kisan Credit Card (KCC) for 8,179 nos. of farmers have been sent to the Bank concerned for grant of KCC loan.
e-KYC & re-verification
Campaign for e-KYC and re-verification of self-registered and CSC farmers is under progress in the State. So far, 2,52570 nos. of farmers of the State have been completed e-KYC. e-KYC can be done by themselves sitting at home online without fee or nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) with a payment of nominal fee of Rs. 15/- per orderby visiting the eKYC portal “PM KISAN E-KYC” (pm kisan.gov.in kyc registration).
Important Documents for Pm Kisan e-KYC Registration
- Aadhar Mobile Number Link.
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
- Bank Passbook
- Aadhar Card
Registered farmers can complete e-KYC so as to get uninterrupted benefit of the scheme.
‘CHHOTA KISAN BANE DESH KI SHAAN (SMALL FARMERS SHOULD BECOME INDIA’S PRIDE)’.