29 C
Imphal
Tuesday, May 24, 2022
No menu items!

Meghalaya Governor receives first dose of COVID-19 vaccine

After receiving the vaccine, Malik termed the vaccine as safe and reiterated that people should dispel their doubts, if any, over the vaccine.

Must Read

Shillong: Meghalaya Governor Satya Pal Malik received his first dose of COVID-19 vaccine at Ganesh Das Hospital here on Wednesday.

After receiving the vaccine, Malik termed the vaccine as safe and reiterated that people should dispel their doubts, if any, over the vaccine.

- Advertisement -

“People should not fear and need to get the vaccine administered,” he said, urging citizens of the State above the age of 45 years and those with co-morbidity to get vaccinated.

“I feel proud for taking the Made in India vaccine made by our scientists,” the Meghalaya Governor said.

The second phase of the vaccination drive began in the State on March 1 together with the rest of the country. Prime Minister Narendra Modi became the first political leader in the country to get the

vaccine.

In Meghalaya, 17,626 out of 29,282 healthcare workers received their first vaccine shot till March 1.

This translates into 60.19 per cent of the total health care workers identified for the vaccine, receiving their first shot, Director Health Services, Aman War informed.

As far as Frontline Workers are concerned, 55 per cent have received their first shot. There are 42, 689 frontline workers who were identified for the vaccine, however, only 23302 workers received

their first shot till March 1.

Meanwhile, State Health and Family Welfare Minister, Alexander Laloo Hek said that he would also soon register himself with the health department to get himself vaccinated.

On the other hand, one person has recovered from COVID-19 as on Wednesday, taking the total number of recoveries to 13, 804.

Meghalaya has so far registered 13, 966 confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 14 active cases and 148 deaths as on Wednesday.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Australia to host next Quad Summit

Tokyo: Australia will be hosting the next Quad summit in 2023, Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said on Tuesday. Taking to...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -