27 C
Imphal
Tuesday, May 24, 2022
No menu items!

Arunachal Congress slams MEA for ‘keeping mum on Arunachalee boy’s abduction issue’

APCC spokesperson Zirgi Kadu, at a press conference here, claimed that the Chinese soldiers abducted the teenager at gunpoint on January 18 and this has been reported to the local authorities by Miram's friend, who is the eye witness and escaped from the PLA.

Must Read

Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) on Monday slammed the Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) for allegedly keeping mum on the abduction issue of 17-year-old Arunachalee boy Miram Taron by China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) and demanded that both the governments at the Centre and in the State bring back the boy safely before the Republic Day.

Accusing PM Modi and BJP Government of neglecting people of Arunachal Pradesh and its territory, the party questioned, “Why the Union Government and the State Government are not taking serious action to bring Miram Taron back home?”

- Advertisement -

Reacting to the media reports on the PLA statement that they have “found a boy” in their territory, APCC spokesperson Zirgi Kadu, at a press conference here, claimed that the Chinese soldiers abducted the teenager at gunpoint on January 18 and this has been reported to the local authorities by Miram’s friend, who is the eye witness and escaped from the PLA.

“How can the PLA claim that the boy has been “found” at their territory?” He further questioned, “Why the Union government and Arunachal government are silent on the issue. Why are they taking the issue so casually? Why are not taking it on a serious note? whereas the boy’s family members are panicked and traumatized. Their (Government) silence over the issue indicates that the BJP-led Indian government is neglecting the people of Arunachal Pradesh and territory of Arunachal Pradesh,” he alleged.

Besides questioning the State government’s stance on abduction of the boy, the Congress spokesperson also raised fingers towards the Arunachal West MP cum Union Minister of Law and Justice Kiren Rijiju “for keeping distance” from the latest issue as well as oft-repeated Chinese intrusion in Arunachal Pradesh.

Kadu informed that the boy’s father has told him that a Defence PRO has contacted him and confirmed that the boy is with the PLA. Further, Miram’s father has appealed to the Government to bring back his son before January 26.

The APCC appealed to the Union and State Governments to take necessary action to bring back the boy safely and also take measures to protect the people of Arunachal and its land from any external disturbances.

Earlier on January 19, BJP’s Arunachal East MP Tapir Gao had said that 17-year-old Miram Taron of Zido village, Upper Siang district was allegedly abducted by the PLA troops from Lungta Jor area under Siyungla area of Bishing village in Upper Siang when he had gone hunting along with his friend, Johny Yaying (27), who escaped from the PLA and reported to the authorities.

Following this, the Indian Army had reached out to the PLA and sought assistance from them to locate the ‘missing’ youth from Arunachal Pradesh on their side and return him as per established protocol.

“On receipt of the information, the Indian Army immediately contacted the PLA through an established mechanism of hotline, informing that an individual, who was collecting herbs and hunting, has lost his way and cannot be found,” the Defence sources had said.

Of late, the Chinese PLA has confirmed to the Indian Army that they have found a ‘missing’ person at their side of the border, sources had said on Sunday, adding that PLA will confirm the youth’s identity using photos and then start the process of sending him back, which could take about a week. 

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Senior IAS officer Vinai Kumar Saxena appointed as Delhi LG

New Delhi: President Ram Nath Kovind appointed senior IAS officer Vinai Kumar Saxena as the Lieutenant Governor (LG) of...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -