Sevastopol: The number of injured in the Ukrainian drone attack on the headquarters of the Russian Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol has grown to six, two victims are in moderate condition, and three have minor injuries, Governor of Sevastopol Mikhail Razvozhayev said.
Earlier in the day, Razvozhayev said that five people were injured in a drone attack.
“Two of the victims are in moderate condition, the rest sustained minor injuries. They are receiving the necessary assistance. A total of six people were injured,” the governor told reporters.
A Ukrainian drone struck the courtyard of the Black Sea Fleet headquarters in Sevastopol on Sunday morning. All festive events in honour of Russian Navy Day on July 31 in the city have been cancelled for security reasons.
On February 24, Russia launched a special military operation in Ukraine after the breakaway republics of Donetsk and Luhansk requested help to defend them from intensifying attacks by Ukrainian troops. The Russian Ministry of Defence said the operation was solely targeting Ukrainian military infrastructure and the civilian population was not in danger.