11 C
Imphal
Sunday, February 22, 2026
No menu items!

45 killed in Kazakhstan mine accident

Rescue operations are still going on for one missing miner after a fire broke out Saturday at the Kostenko mine of the ArcelorMittal Temirtau company in the city of Karaganda, the ministry said in a statement.

Must Read

- Advertisement -

Astana: The death toll from a coal mine accident in central Kazakhstan has reached 45, said the Ministry of Emergency Situations said on Sunday.

Rescue operations are still going on for one missing miner after a fire broke out Saturday at the Kostenko mine of the ArcelorMittal Temirtau company in the city of Karaganda, the ministry said in a statement.

Earlier on Saturday, the Kazakh government declared Sunday a national mourning day for the victims.

There were 252 people inside the mine when the fire occurred, with more than 200 subsequently evacuated.

Investigation is underway to determine the cause of the accident.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Vungzagin Valte dies at 62, Manipur Govt announces 3 days of mourning

Imphal: Vungzagin Valte, the Kuki-Zo BJP legislator representing Thanlon Assembly constituency in Manipur’s Pherzawl district, passed away on Saturday...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -